Monday, April 6, 2015

One of my favorite recent finds is this iron Crusty Corn Cob pan. I remember
seeing these in antique shops in the past but never purchased one. I understand they are still being made and you can find them in domestic
merchandise retail stores but it is so much more interesting to have an 
original. This one was made by Wagner Ware. They patented their Crusty
Corn Cob pan on July 6, 1920. From the research I have done, I believe
mine is from the 1940's. It makes the best corn bread!















                                       CORNBREAD RECIPE
   
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup reduced fat buttermilk or reduced fat milk
1 TBS melted butter
1 TBS canola oil
1 large egg, beaten

Mix all ingredients together divide among the corn stick molds. Bake at 400
degrees for 13-16 minutes or until lightly browned on top.

Recipe by Cooking Light, adapted by Lesley Stansfield











No comments:

Post a Comment