Monday, May 9, 2016

Getting Ready for Mother's Day the Final Chapter

We had a great time on Mother's Day! My husband and I had 11 guests of family and friends.  I spent about 6 hours on Saturday preparing food that I could prepare ahead of time, decorating and setting the table. I have included pictures below of the rest of my preparation and the final result. In my blog on Friday, I gave you the recipe for the Lemon Thyme Cakes courtesy of marthastewart.com. If you are interested in the Summer Corn Chowder or the Asparagus Strawberry Salad with Orange Balsalmic Dressing, visit me on Pinterest under Lesley Stansfield. I have a "Soups On" board and a "Salads" board where you will find the recipes. I gave all the ladies and the girls, since they are future mothers, mini bouquets.

I made chicken salad and served it on croissants and made sliders to put on dollar rolls.


















It's going fast!!








Over the winter, I cultivated succulents from the plants that I had outside last summer. I gave the 3 other moms, who were our guests, a potted succulent. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing how my family friends and I celebrated Mother's Day this year. Visit me on Pinterest for the recipes that I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment