Thursday, May 5, 2016

Getting Ready for Mother's Day


I love entertaining and I love fresh flowers. Now I won't say that my flower arranging is as good as a florist but I think I do a pretty good job. I will be adding to this post as the weekend goes on as I prepare food, decorating and gifts for my Mother's Day celebration with family and friends.

Today is Thursday, three days before Mother's Day. I found the flowers that I want to use in vases and to make mini bouquets for the girls and ladies that will be at our home on Mother's Day. I want to make sure that they stay fresh until I decorate and make the bouquets on Saturday. I cut a little bit off the end of each stem, placed them in water in large vases, and made room in my refrigerator to store them for a couple of days.


A florist told me the other day to make sure you do not have apples in your refrigerator. There is a gas that apples release that will cause the flowers to wilt quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment